Welcome to our website !

Let's go to the salon! (Eyebrows Nails and Facial)

By 10:33 PM , , , , , , ,


Unfortunately I didn't take as many pictures as I had wanted to and I also don't want to bore you guys with an essay so I'm going to try to keep this short and sweet.

I had gone to the salon to get my nails redone, a well needed eyebrow tint and wax and decided to throw in a facial as well.  

I have never had a facial done before and wanted to give it a try for the experience.  Because I have Rosacea, the lady used all sensitive products.  She didn't really explain a whole lot even with my repetitive questions so that was kind of a bummer but I got the gist of it so that's alright.  I opted to go for the half hour facial which was a few oils rubbed all over, an extremely moisturizing cream, eye circle things, and an oatmeal facial mask.  She explained how oatmeal is great for sensitive skin and that is why she used that type of mask, which I can appreciate.  To set the tone, she put on some relaxing music and dimmed the lights.  There was also what felt like a massage involved and oh my god!! That felt great-probably the best part of the experience.
Post facial, my skin was pretty red especially around the cheek area.  After the facial, she told me that my skin wasn't nearly as red as before but I thought it was more red than before. Despite my skin being red after, it was pretty moisturized which was the main goal after the really cold winter we just had.
My overall thoughts were:  I really enjoyed the atmosphere with the music and dimmed lights, and I loved the massage.  I don't regret getting it because like I said I wanted the experience, however next time I might opt for a massage instead.


When I get my eyebrows done I get waxing and tinting.  I needed this done badly because I hadn't gotten them done since October and they were looking ratchet. 
 Not the best quality of photos but you can tell that they do indeed need grooming.

During the tinting process I look like Bert.
Basically all tinting consists of is this dye sitting for about 5-7 minutes then rubbed off, it's not too detailed just something to do if you are planning on getting hair color that isn't your natural tone.  For me, my eyebrows are just a little light and I would prefer to have them darker.

The after product.  It looks alright, not what I had really wanted but it will do for now.  I prefer more of an arch but I'm just happy she didn't make them too thin and me not like it.  I really appreciate the fact that she is so cautious at what she does, the last thing you want is an angry customer.
I never break out but this is a reaction from the waxing or lotion and my picking at it isn't helping either!  I get it and I'm sure other people get it too and I'm not entirely sure what causes it whether it's the waxing itself or the cream/lotion they put on afterwards but it will go away in a few days.
Overall I liked this experience and with her being the first time going to her for my brows(I'm really fussy) she did a good job.  We will work on the shape for next time, but I definitely will go back.



Because it's Easter and spring time I wanted to veer away from my dark and deep colors and be festive for once.   When I went to get my nails filled I had an idea of what I wanted but not completely, so with a few pictures from pinterest I went in and grabbed some colors that might suit and we talked about them pondering ideas off of each other.
This is the pinterest look we ended up going by.

 
 This is the final look and I gotta say, I NEVER want to take these bunnies off.  I love everything about this nail look and wouldn't change anything about it.  I'm not sure how much more Easter and festive this can get.  On the opposite nails all I did for decoration and spunk was overlay the bottom part of my nail with an iridescent sparkle, it just picks up any color in the light and looks really pretty without overpowering the bunny and carrot. There's not much else to say about this but that I love it and couldn't have asked for anything better and this must have been the highlight of the entire experience.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

Powered by Blogger.