Welcome to our website !

Raelene's First Ever Performance!

By 1:56 PM , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Hello all! Just updating quickly that I had my very first pole performance on Saturday July 18th! I'm so excited to share with you guys!

This was a fundraiser for Jose, one of AVA Fitness' students, to go to nationals in August of this year. The fundraiser was at Status Nightclub in New Westminster. When I first walked in the club, it was so small! Even the stage area.. it was really hard to dance on. I think I would've done a better job if the stage and ceiling was a little higher. You can see in the video my foot actually hits the bar on the ceiling, making me lose my balance and I fall! lol.

Honestly I never thought I'd be performing three years ago, but here I am now! I was so full of emotions, it was really overwhelming the amount of support I got over the weekend.

The process of coming up with a routine was a difficult one, as I didn't have any help with it. Although I wanted to do a private session with my instructor, I just didn't have the time or money to do it so I had to think up something for myself. Let me tell you, it's harder than it looks. I think I switched songs three times!

I eventually picked If I Had A Heart by Fever Ray. I wanted something slow enough that I could take my time with, along with something I could play in a club setting. I think it went well, but next time I'll pick a more upbeat song.




The whole experience was surreal. Being up on that stage gave me so much confidence. I cannot wait to get back into the studio and work even harder. After the summer is over I'm going to train for regionals, and hopefully I'll be going to nationals also!





If anyone is wondering, my pole outfit is a bathing suit lol! Bottoms are from Forever21, top is from Garage Clothing, and I just added flowers and glitter from Dollarama!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Powered by Blogger.