Welcome to our website !

Fall favorites: Lipsticks!

By 2:10 PM , , , , , , , , ,

 Fall is finally here, my favorite season of the year!  Because I am so much of a lippy person it would be extremely appropriate to share with you all of my go-to lipsticks for the fall season. I'm going to start slow, with my more neutral shades.


Fall is not only a time for bold and dark colors, it's also a time for neutral and more toned down colors as well.  These colors are more work friendly when I decide to wear makeup at work I will use one of these for my lips.  Sable from Bite had came in a holiday gift box last year.  It's a great universal color for any season but I would catch myself wearing it a lot and then I found Taupe from Mac's permanent collection. I've been building up my neutral collection lately, and Taupe seems to be my go-to for almost everything.  It's not too dark nor is it grey.
Taupe by Mac

Originally I was only going to go with just Sin.  Both times I went into my local Mac boutique I did swatches of both of them and wouldn't take the plunge on the two because they looked so similar.  I'm so happy that I did go with both though.  Yes, they're extremely similar however Diva has more red than Sin and that's what I love about it.  There's a subtle difference but that difference really makes or breaks a look I find.  These lips are the perfect bold lip for a casual night out or just going shopping.  They're not overpowering but bold enough to make a statement.

It is perfectly acceptable to go out in public with extremely dark colors.  For my super dark color I choose Cyber with Nightmoth as a lip liner.  For dark colors, a lip liner will help substantially with bleeding. If you decide to not go with any sort of lip liner I would recommend a lipgloss on top so in case it did bleed, you will have an excuse!  Cyber was my go-to color all last year and even into the winter season.  It's definitely a cult favorite for me.

Okay, it's Halloween and you're going out to a party! Don't forget Serpentina!  I love this shade so much because it is so unique and fun.  Lime Crime lipsticks glide on so smoothly, it's great.  Poisonberry is a really alien-like purple.  Both are essentials in order to be fully in the Halloween spirit.  Both are super sparkly and so nice to play with.

I took a swatch photo for all of the colors in order and how they compare to each.  Trying to go up from light to dark.  I love how it resembles fall colors and leaves fairly well.  These are my favorite go-to fall lip colors.  If you're looking for a nice bold fall color, or a more neutral not as out going shade, I recommend you take a look at these shades.
McMaster Mill near Greenwood Nova Scotia

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Powered by Blogger.