Welcome to our website !

REVIEW: The Wet Brush

By 10:25 PM , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Hello everyone! Today I am doing a [long over due] post on The Wet Brush.
Here's some facts about The Wet Brush:



  • The Wet Brush has Intelliflex bristles, which are thinner than your normal hair brush
  • The Intelliflex bristles are very flexible, running through the strands of your hair instead of pulling it
  • The Wet Brush has ultra soft tips that will never come off
  • Works on wet and dry hair
  • For almost all hair types
  • Ideal for sensitive scalp and long hair
  • Also great for wigs and weaves!
  • There is also the Shine, Hot, and Blo Brush available

REVIEW

So I'm not really big into fads, and most of the time I just ignore what's popular at the moment. Until I needed a new hairbrush. Because my old one was pretty ratty looking, and it was for kids! 


I mean come on, it's Hello Kitty. Who wouldn't want to brush their hair with Hello Kitty!?

Anyway, the glue was wearing out, Hello Kitty started to look like her insides were being disembowelled - it was time for a new brush. It wasn't the greatest of brushes. I think it took about 30-40 seconds to untangle my long hair, or until I was fed up with brushing it.

After reading Allie's review on The Ultimate Detangling Brush, I had to ask if it actually worked. Allie wasn't there to reply, but Amy was, and she suggested The Wet Brush. With all the wonderful reviews it got, I got one the next day.

Shipping took a day because I got it shipped from Vancouver. Yes, I'm that lazy. But when you live in a city as big as Vancouver, driving or taking transit for a hair brush seems too out of the way. In total I paid $20, with $3 shipping.


Looks pretty normal, right?

The brush has a soft yet grippy texture. I got black because I couldn't decide on a colour, and didn't want to pay extra for all the cool designs that they had. 


This was my hair before. I had just got back from an interview. (which I  got the job for... hurrah!)
 I had been out for about two hours. Looks messy and frizzy.

Honestly, I didn't think this would work.


But it did!

And let me tell you, I'm pleased with it. It took me under 10 seconds to brush my hair. That's 70% less time than brushing with Hello Kitty. It literally went straight through my hair.

It looks like a lot that came out on the brush, but it wasn't. Since my hair is so long, some does come out naturally. I actually picked each individual strand out counting it, and the majority of them were split ends. I haven't cut my hair since December... so obviously it'll look like less than what I have.


OMG! The Wet Brush definitely has my seal of approval!
(Yes, that was my face when I tried it out for the first time)



UPDATE: After spending some time with the wet brush, I still consider this brush a lot more gentler on my hair... at times. If I tease my hair, or if it gets windy and my hair gets tangled, the wet brush CANNOT take out the little knots in my hair and actually hurts my scalp! So I have to use my wide tooth comb. My hair still combs out in the wet brush like any ordinary brush, but again I have pretty long thick hair. I probably wouldn't buy it again, and stick with a bristle brush and my wide-tooth comb! This brush is best suited for people with shorter hair than I, or someone who has straight hair (I'm naturally curly).

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Powered by Blogger.