Welcome to our website !

{REVIEW} Lush Curly Wurly shampoo

By 5:41 PM , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Hey guys!  Today I'm going to review a shampoo that I've been using for the past little while and let me tell you, this is something you do not want to miss out on!

Curly Wurly is a targeting shampoo for people who have curly hair, however I would recommend this shampoo to anybody who loves coconut and treating your hair with a lot of love!

Thank you Sash!
This shampoo only comes in one size of 220g, for anybody who is familiar with Lush products is the larger container, for an outstanding price of $26.95CAD before taxes.  The Lush shop that I was in had one on display and I could smell the coconut from a mile away.  I had to have it even at that price.  Being skeptical on whether I've wasted my money or not, I would soon find out.

The directions are right on the container but the amount of what you use be adjusted to your length and thickness of hair.  I wasn't sure what a 'small amount' meant to Lush.  I then started experimenting with it and now what I do is use 2 fingers as a scoop and gather I would say about a tablespoon of the product and lather into my head completely.  I found that you don't get a really big lather but that doesn't affect the performance.
Pro tip: to expand the life of your product, wash your hair every second or third day or use it once a week while using regular shampoo the other days.

The smell of your hair when you get out is so great that I don't want to mix it with any of the oils I put in after, and sometimes I actually don't.  Once my hair is dried, the coconut smell is still there!  Amazing!
I'll pair Curly Wurly with any conditioner I'm using at the time, currently I'm using Whole Blends conditioner in coconut water and vanilla milk and I'll use a generous amount with it.
One thing I didn't notice from this shampoo though is that I don't see much difference in my curls.  I'm not sure if this is the shampoo or that my hair is so long and it's weighing down and spreading out my curls.  This doesn't affect my overall rating as that's not the reason why I bought it.

One thing I was actually quite skeptical about before actually buying the shampoo was how am I going to get the coconut out?!  I had just one idea and if that didn't work, well I was stuck with coconut chunks in my hair until they fell out naturally(which could take forever).  My brilliant idea was to use my detangling hair brush directly out of the shower to get the coconut out.  Could you believe it actually worked!  I allow my hair to air dry and I've only once or twice noticed a few stray coconut chunks.

Pros:
  • Moisturizing
  • Great smell
  • Shine
  • Coconut
  • Doesn't require a whole lot of product
  • Versatile for different hair types
  • Makes your hair clean and fresh
Cons:
  • Coconut chunks could be hard to get out
  • Pricey

I've had Curly Wurly for about a month now and have gotten approximately a third of the way through it.  This means that I should be able to make a container last around 3 months.  With a ratio on the price and how long I'll have it until it runs out and the quality I would say that it is definitely worth the extra money.  I think I've found my shampoo for life!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Powered by Blogger.