Welcome to our website !

Summer 2016 update

By 12:31 PM , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Summer is definitely here in full force and I can sure feel it! I've been so busy between work and trying to do everything I can possibly manage in my already hectic days.  Needless to say, it's been one amazing season so far and hoping it will just keep getting better. ;D 
 haha see what I did there? yah that was a little bit cheesy, okkkay moving on!

Some of the highlights so far has been going to a campground called Rissers provincial park with a group of friends, getting a new phone, GoPro session, and practicing on my brand new SUP.

If you ever find yourself traveling to Nova Scotia, one place you do not want to skip by is the south shore.  The south shore is notorious for their white sand beaches and one of the more popular ones is Rissers beach. This beach offers you white sand like you get down south and it's also a campground! Now I don't know about you but this offer really can't be beat. But wait, it gets better! There is an amazing boardwalk that is everybody's favorite and if you walk it at night during sunset you can capture some amazing pictures!  There is a little canteen area where you can order lunch and ice cream.  There is also a public washroom and shower to prevent all the sand getting into your car afterwards.


And then this happened
Okay, so the phone wasn't exactly a planned thing.... Turns out my old phone was in quite a rough shape and once it dropped that was the end of it.  Now, I've been contemplating on switching over to apple since I've only ever had an android phone and this seemed like the perfect opportunity because this was such a good deal.  I've only had it for a short period of time but so far there are absolutely no regrets.
 
The SE is short for Special Edition, it has the outer casing of the iPhone 5s but all of the interior and specs as the iPhone 6s, therefore making it the iPhone SE.
When picking a phone out, I look at the quality of the camera as well as how much space is in the phone.  This particular one has a capacity of 16gb and a 12mp camera.  Not to mention it's also a lot faster than most other phones on the market.

The camera has the option to do panorama, which is awesome!!! except you need a super steady hand or else it doesn't turn out very well!  :(

One downfall for Apple phones is that your storage capacity is internal and can't be extended.  With that being said, this phone is far more superior from my last phone the Samsung galaxy s3.  I'm sure there's more features to explore and talk about but I'd rather just cut this short and say it is definitely worth it 100%.
I came upon some extra funds and was recommended to the GoPro so I decided to check it out for myself.  I'm not much of an extreme sport kind of gal so I picked out the lesser expensive of the others.  This was my first mistake.
There's only 2 buttons on the entire device.  Now maybe it's just me or the camera is faulty but when I go to press power it automatically starts recording which is normal. However shortly after, it stops on me out of nowhere and I lose my footage.. which is quite frustrating to say the least.  so I reset it and the same thing happens again. 

The main purpose for the camera is to take video but it does have the option to capture images as well.  I think the only option for stills is the fisheye.  That doesn't bother me but might some.  The picture looks amazing and crisp until you zoom in and then you'll see the picture getting really blurry and pixelly.
This camera in particular is able to go into the water without having a case on it, however it does require you to get a floaty so it doesn't sink.
All of my GoPro videos are on Vimeo and blogger doesn't embed videos from Vimeo so I'm just going to link you my account and you can check them out.  Ps. there's a cool jellyfish video on there so I really suggest you check it out. Click here.
The video quality is pretty amazing, it transitions from lighting in a quick hurry and captures really fast too.
Overall, when this camera does decide it wants to work it's pretty quality but when there are other action waterproof cameras on the market for cheaper and same if not better, it's hard not to pass up the other ones.
I'm not sure if mine is faulty or GoPro really does suck.  Realistically speaking, *if* my GoPro is faulty and I were to do it all over again, I'd invest in the more expensive one with the screen so I can actually see what I'm doing.  *if* it isn't faulty and is just that, GoPro sucks!
I'm going to have to get back for results once it gets looked at.


And then there's this buddy. I've been spending most of my free time on my Stand Up Paddle Board.  SUPs have been all the rave and I decided to jump on the bandwagon, this and I want some challenge in my life (it's kind of perfect).  You use this like a kayak except you stand on it, if you're not comfortable enough you are able to kneel and paddle or even sit. 
A few of my first concerns was that I wasn't going to be able to stand up properly for the longest time and my balance.
What actually happened was I found it extremely difficult to switch the paddle from one side of the board to the other.  You need to be able to do this in order to paddle forward.  The first couple of times it was wobbly standing up and staying up for long periods of times but I didn't find it as difficult as I had expected it to be.
One tip that is crucial in SUPing is that you need to have your legs bent at the knees to promote your balance substantially.
This is a fantastic beginner board but if you are interested in getting your own board I strongly recommend you do your own research beforehand because every board is made for not only height and weight specifications but also on how you plan on using your board whether it be in rough terrain like an ocean or smooth terrain like a lake.

Guys, I've had such an amazing summer and I am so sorry for not keeping up with the blog!  I haven't even had time to use any of my products that is a huge collection just collecting dust! We haven't forgotten about you, things have been super busy and that was quite the update haha.  I'm hoping to get back at it very soon! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Powered by Blogger.